Practice History

Burbage Surgery was established in 1880 and the earliest doctor to be traced was late Dr. Clarke who practised from the village centre.  Later on, Dr. O'Donnovan joined the practice still practising from the village centre from his own home at Grove Road.  Dr. Balfe later joined the practice and practised from his own home situated in Cowper Road. 

Soon after Dr. O'Malley joined the practice and the partnership bought a plot of land in Higham Way in 1967 on which a surgery was built.  The doctors practised from the surgery in Higham Way for 17 years until the present purpose built surgery was opened in 1984.  Dr. Clarke's date of retirement cannot be traced and Dr. O' Donnovan retired in 1972 and died soon after. 

Dr. Balfe left the practice in 1980 and Dr. O'Malley retired in 1984.  Dr Maity joined the practice in 1971 and retired from the practice in April 2002.  Dr Choudhary joined the practice in 1984 and left the practice in March 1998.  Dr Sil joined in 1982 and retired in April 2003.